Wednesday, March 24, 2010

MARCH MADNESS IS MADNESS!!!

Well March Madness has been just that, MADNESS. The first two rounds this season has been some of the most surprising and exciting college basketball that I have ever watched from the comfort of my ArmChair. We are down to the Sweet 16 and we still have four teams with a seed of 9 or higher left in the tournament. We have already lost one of the NO. 1 seeds in Kansas, who lost to NO. 9 seed Northern Iowa in the 2nd round. We have already lost one of the NO. 2 seeds in Villanova, who lost to NO. 10 seed St. Mary's College in the 2nd round. We have had overtime games, double overtime games and buzzer beaters all over the first two rounds of the Madness so far. We have also had some injuries, with Michigan State and West Virginia losing key players for the remainder of the tournament. Even with all of the close games we have still had some dominating performances, as Kentucky comes to mind with their two blowouts of East Tennessee State and Wake Forest. We still have three NO. 1 seeds left in the Madness and we still have three NO. 2 seeds left as well. I know I have my super glue ready to glue myself to my ArmChair for the games starting with Thursday evenings games. Let take a look at the match-ups.

MARCH MADNESS SWEET 16 MATCH-UPS

Northern Iowa (No. 9 Seed) vs Michigan State (No. 5 Seed) in the Midwest Regional..... I think the Cinderella Northern Iowa gets to the Elite 8.

Tennessee (NO. 6 Seed) vs Ohio State (NO. 2 Seed) in the Midwest Regional..... I see Ohio State sending the Volunteers back to Rocky Top.

Butler (NO. 5 Seed) vs Syracuse (NO. 1 Seed) in the West Regional..... I see Butler seeing Orange all the way back home, as Syracuse makes Elite 8.

Xavier (NO. 6 Seed) vs Kansas State (NO. 2 Seed) in the West Regional..... Xavier has already beaten a Gopher and a Panther in the Madness so far. They will add a Wildcat to their trophy case as Xavier goes to the Elite 8.

Cornell (NO. 12 Seed) vs Kentucky (NO. 1 Seed) in the East Regional..... The Big Red will be the Big Dead as Kentucky rolls to the Elite 8.

Washington (NO. 11 Seed) vs West Virginia (NO. 2 Seed) in the East Regional..... I see the Washington Huskies taking advantage of West Virginia being without starting point guard. Washington in an upset to the Elite 8.

Purdue (NO. 4 Seed) vs Duke (NO. 1 Seed) in the South Regional..... So far the Duke Blue Devils haven't had much competition in the Madness. Duke rolls to the Elite 8.

St. Mary's (NO. 10 Seed) vs Baylor (NO. 3 Seed) in the South Regional..... So far Baylor hasn't played anybody good in the Madness. It will show as St. Mary's continues their march to the Elite 8.

Well I am going to be glued to my ArmChair with my phone to order food delivery, have my ice chest full of my favorite beverage and my remote in hand. The only time I will be getting up is to go to the bathroom during commercials. Because it is MARCH MADNESS AND IT IS MADNESS!!!

No comments: