Wednesday, September 2, 2009

HELLO SPORTS WORLD!

Welcome to the kick off of my blog The ArmChair Coach! My name is Glen and I am an armchair coach. You ask, what is an armchair coach? It is very easy to explain. I am a huge sports fan that didn't play sports in school nor was I ever a coach of a school or professional sports team. You see I am one of those fans that loves to watch games and try to coach my favorite teams from the comfort of my armchair in my den. I know there are more armchair coaches out there in the sports world and I would love to hear from you. If you are like me, you have an undefeated record on your armchair coaching resume. One of the best things about being an armchair coach, instead of a real coach, is you can't be fired from your coaching position.



I would like to give you an overview of what this blog is going to be like. I will be posting on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Monday's posts will be called Sports Weekend Review. I will give my views and information on sports of the past week end. Wednesday's posts will be called General Views. I will give my views and information about general topics in the sports world. Friday's posts will be called Sports Weekend Preview. I will give my views and information in a preview of the weekend ahead in sports. Some of the things that I will be blogging about are College Football, NFL Football, High School Football and Major League Baseball. You will see game previews and predictions.



The first college football game of the season is tomorrow night with South Carolina at NC State. I believe this will be an interesting game between two improved teams. The Gamecocks and Wolfpack will be better this year because of the stability in the QB position. Carolina's Steven Garcia will play better since he doesn't have to look over his shoulder to see if Chris Smelley is coming in to replace him. NC State's Russell Wilson could be the best QB in the ACC. I think both teams will have early season jitters and will make mistakes. NC State is favored, but I believe the Ole ball coach will have his team ready to get a big win on the road.... South Carolina 27 NC State 23.



Until Friday.

No comments: