Thursday, November 5, 2009

GENERAL VIEWS ( 9th Edition )



You know how you get up some mornings and you know it's going to be one of those days. Yesterday was one of those days for me. My day started when I came down to the office to do the Wednesday blog. NO INTERNET! I had Internet problems all day. So I am doing my Wednesday General Views blog today.

Well it is about 8 or 9 weeks into the College Football season and you have seen the Coaches Top 25 College Football Poll. You have seen the BCS Poll for 3 or 4 weeks, and now it is time to see The ArmChair Coach's Top 5 College Football Poll. So here it is.

THE ARMCHAIR COACH'S COLLEGE FOOTBALL TOP 5 POLL

(1) Florida Gators..... The Gators are the defending champs and they are still undefeated. They have perhaps the best defense in the country. Yes, they still have Tim Tebow. They are my NO. 1 team, until they get beat.

(2) Texas Longhorns..... The Longhorns have been pretty good all season, but they seem to be getting stronger as the season goes along. They have beaten Oklahoma and they also avenged last seasons loss to Texas Tech. They are my solid NO. 2 team.

(3) Alabama Crimson Tide..... The Tide has remained undefeated, mainly because of their great defense and their powerful running game. They have struggled at QB this season, but RB Mark Ingram has carried their offense at times this season. Strong defense and a great running game makes them my NO. 3 team.

(4) Oregon Ducks..... Here is where I differ from the major polls. The Ducks have one loss, but they are probably the hottest team in the country. Their blow out of U.S.C. was very impressive and I believe if they played again this week they would win again. With the one loss I can't put the Ducks in the Top 3 but they are my solid NO. 4 team.

(5) Georgia Tech..... The major polls have the Yellow Jackets at NO. 10 or 11. They have one loss against a good Miami team. The Jackets offense has been almost unstoppable at times. The Jackets like Oregon are one of the hottest teams in the country. They control their destiny in the ACC. So I am very comfortable putting them ahead of three more unbeatens as my NO. 5 team.

THE WORLD SERIES had the New York Yankees defeating the defending Champs the Philadelphia Phillies last night 7 to 3. The Yankees won the World Series 4 games to 2. Hidecki Matsui got the Yankees offense off and running with 6 RBIs in the first 5 innings. The Yankees won their 27th World Series Championship.

**********THE ARMCHAIR COACH GAME BALL OF THE WEEK goes to the New York Yankees for winning their 27th World Series Championship**********

Until Friday.

No comments: